The BEST Chicken EVER
I know it takes a lot to say BEST CHICKEN EVER. However, I am not joking when I say... I would eat chicken like this every single time. I am in love with it. It always comes out to perfection & it has the best mix of spicy to tiny bit of sweetness ratio. Not to mention it will introduce you to my favorite seasoning for any meat from this point forward: SMOKED SEA SALT. If you have followed along since the beginning you know my love for it & if you are just now a long for the ride, get it ASAP. It is amazing :) I am posting this chicken on a blog post now instead of an instagram post, because it is JUST THAT AMAZING, I needed to be able to pin it. Also I want you guys to have this for Super Bowl! If you are making chicken wings, chicken things, chicken breasts.. whatever you need to use this marinade. However, I HIGHLY recommend you make it as is here, because you will be the HIT of the game, besides the Chiefs this year!
2 pounds chicken thighs
1/2 cup %100 pure maple syrup
1/2 cup raw liquid honey
2 tsp SMOKED sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 400
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place cooling rack on-top
2. Place all the dry seasonings in a small bowl & whisk together ( SMOKED sea salt, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, pepper, oregano, onion powder & cayenne pepper)
3. Have a large 9 X 13 baking dish ready to transfer dipped chicken to, to marinate in the fridge for a least 3 hours
4. In a large mixing bowl add in maple syrup & honey, then whisk together until fully incorporated.
5. Start dipping each chicken thigh into the maple syrup honey mixture until all have been put in the 9 X 13 baking dish. Then with one hand sprinkle seasoning on the first sides of the chicken thighs & then with the other hand rub it in. Then flip the chicken thighs over & do the same to the back side. Then put in fridge to marinate.
6. Place each chicken thigh on the cooking rack that is over the rimmed baking sheet & cook for 40 minutes. THEN DEVOUR... I honestly eat one before it is even ready to go on our plates:)
When you make this recipe please make sure you tag me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie I love to share what you create!!