Taco Enchilada Bake
Updated: Aug 8, 2019
I am ALL about Mexican food and enchilada bakes have always been my favorite. So I decided to use one of my favorite brands Siete Foods, to create a gluten free & AMAZING tasting twist on enchilada/7 layer dip bake & it is all real food//real ingredients :) MOVE OVER Taco Tuesday--- Enchilada bake is coming in hot!
-1 6 pack Cashew Flour Siete Foods Tortillas
-2lbs ground chicken thigh
-2 tbsp olive oil or chosen foods avocado oil spray
-1 cup of Siete Nacho Cheese Tortilla chips in crumbs to sprinkle on top :)
-1 12oz Fiesta Blend shredded cheese
-1 12oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded cheese
-1 can 365 green chili lime refried beans
-1/2 cup My Brother's Salsa-- black bean corn
-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
-8 cherry tomatoes diced
-3 garlic cloves
-1/4 diced yellow onion
-1 package Simply Organic Mild Taco seasoning
-1 package Simply Organic Southwest Taco seasoning
-1 jar of 365 Salsa Verde
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Dice up yellow onion, mince 2 cloves garlic & dice up 1/2 jalapeño de seeded & add to large frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil or few sprays of Chosen Foods avocado oil spray
2. Let it simmer and start to get a little brown, at that point, add in the ground chicken thigh and cook until there is no pink left, breaking it apart. Once there is no pink. Add in both seasoning packets to measuring cup and pour in 1 cup water and mix until all combined
3. Pour in the seasoning mixture and bring to a boil and mix until it becomes the thick & reduce to a simmer, until majority of the liquid is absorbed. Then cut lime in 1/2 and use 1/2 of the juice from the lime and put the second half aside. Next in a 9 X 11 size pan take 4 of the tortillas and layer the bottom of the pan. I placed 2 down side by side and then cut the other two to fill the empty spaces, so it is all covered.
4. Start making the guacamole :) In a medium bowl, smash the two avocados, use the second 1/2 of the lime juice, 1/2 cup salsa & 1 garlic clove minced. Mix throughly. Then pour out the can of refried beans into a small bowl so you can mix it well before spreading. Now take half of the refried beans and with a spatula spread evenly on the first tortilla layer. Then spread 1/2 of the guacamole on top of the refried bean layer. Then take 4 of the cherry tomatoes and dice them up and spread on top of the guacamole. Next sprinkle 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese over the layers. Then add 1/2 taco meat on top of the cheese. Then sprinkle Fiesta cheese to cover the meat layer.
5. Now you will do the same thing you did for the first layer again! Lay the two tortillas down next to each other then cut the other two to fill in the spaces. Spread the remaining refried beans and then the guacamole. Add the other 4 cherry tomatoes diced & the remaining half of Monterey Jack cheese, then the rest of the taco meat. Sprinkle Fiesta cheese on top of the meat. Then pour 3/4 cup of Salsa Verde into a measuring cup. Take a spoon and sprinkle the salsa verde on top evenly. Then sprinkle the Siete Nacho tortilla chips that you crushed up over the top.
6. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Check at about 15 to see if you need to cover with aluminum foil so the tortilla chips don't burn. Then take it out when it starts to bubble beautifully! Let cool before cutting to ensure shape-- however I don't mind and dig in while it is hot & then when I go for seconds it cuts cleaner :) Top with sour cream & cilantro!! Winner Winner!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making! ENJOY!!