Summer Couscous Salad
I LOVE summer salads! Seriously. It is so nice to meal prep something like this to have in the fridge to pair with something for dinner, add a protein for a healthy packed lunch & just to munch on when you are hungry! The dressing is a lot like my poppy seed dressing I love and the salad is filled with scrumptious veggies & fun couscous. The salad dressing makes more than what is needed for the salad itself when you make it. There is extra dressing, because after it melds over night-- couscous absorbs a lot of the dressing so before you eat it throughout the week you already have dressing ready to go!
Now I was lucky enough to have had these Tavva Kitchen dip containers gifted to me. They are food grade stainless steal, reusable, recyclable and eco-friendly. They are really light weight & durable-- the tops are chemical free & dishwasher safe as well. HOWEVER, the BEST part of it all is that they are 100% LEAK-PROOF. I cannot tell you how many times my salad dressings have spilled in my lunch, or ketchup & sour cream leaked etc. These have not leaked once & I really adore these things-- very worth the purchase! Here is the link to them on amazon:
2 cups raw Couscous
12 cherry tomatoes
4 oz pitt4ed kalamata olives (about 40 olives/cut in half )
1 can of quartered artichokes
3 oz goat cheese
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp minced shallots
1 tsp stone ground mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
garlic salt for sprinkling on artichokes before baking
pinch of dried mustard
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Open the can of quartered artichoke hearts and drain them. Place quartered artichoke pieces onto a baking sheet or Silpat like I use. Sprinkle with garlic salt and bake them for 10-15 minutes on one side ( until starting to brown) & about 6-8 minutes on the other side. Start putting together the rest of the salad-- but once these are done just take them out and let them cool!
2. Start on the dressing. You want to do this next, because your dressing needs to refrigerate for at least an hour before using. In a high power blender add in the Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, sugar, honey, shallot, mustard & salt-- blend for about 1 minute on high. Then turn down to low & pour in the oil gradually, not all at once. This helps with the thickening, then blend for another minute once all oil in incorporated. Then place in dressing container and refrigerate and get started on the rest of the salad.
3. In a large bowl, slice the cherry tomatoes in halves or 4ths depending on how big they are and add to the bowl. Drain the kalamata and cut in half & add to the bowl. Peel cucumber skin & then dice up the cucumber like you see above and add to the bowl. Then sprinkle with salt & pepper & place in the fridge until it is ready to put all together.
4. Lastly the yummy couscous. Either follow the instructions on the container OR do the insta pot version. the insta pot version is my favorite & I feel more hands off, so if you want to do this first & then do the other things above it makes it WAY easier. Also I love how evenly it cooks. Place 2 cups of couscous into the insta pot. Add in 2 1/2 cups water and stir, then pressure cook on high for one minute. Then gradual release for 10 minutes, then quick release. Fluff with a fork & then put into a strainer & run cold water over it to keep from clumping and sticking together.
5. Once the dressing has refrigerated for at least an hour. Add the couscous into the large bowl, cut in half the cooled baked artichokes, crumble up the goat cheese & toss all together. Then add the dressing to taste all over it and ENJOY!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making! ENJOY!!