Strawberry Banana Muffins
Updated: Jun 21
Alright guys, these are oh so simple & bursting with flavor. I mean summer time & all the berries, how can we not make muffins?! One of my favorite things to make for the week ahead for easy to grab snacks, lunches, breakfasts or whenever lately that quarantine snackin' hits :)
One of the many things I love about this recipe is how versatile they are & adaptable. You can use organic whole wheat flour for these or organic all purpose flour. If you want to have this recipe dairy free use So Delicious dairy free yogurt or use regular greek yogurt if your recipe doesn't need to be DF! Lastly, I love the nutritious punch of adding the Maca Powder & Collagen, however if you don't have that, no worries!
Also if you don't have muffin liners, you can make these really cute & "fancy" liners easily with parchment paper! Check out the video below!
Get ready for one of your new favorite go to muffin recipes, promise these will be made monthly, if not weekly!
So how do we do these "fancy" liners??
1. You will need 5 X 5 squares from your parchment paper. I used a ruler to measure & cut out the first one. Then used that as a stencil. It doesn't have to be exact, just do your best when then cutting them out to get them relatively the same.
2. Then find a can in your pantry that would fit into your muffin tin cups. It should sit right in there, perfect fit. That is how you will mold the parent paper. You will place your parchment square center right over the can. Press the sides of the payment around it, like it is hugging the can. Take your finger & run the parchment paper a long the bottom side rim & then place into the muffin tin. Repeat 12 time!
Watch quick tutorial video below!
1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup coconut sugar
2 medium bananas
1 cup strawberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp maca powder
2 tsp collagen powder
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup so delicious yogurt or regular greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 375 & grease 12 cup muffin tin or use your fun liners!
1. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, maca, collagen & salt. This allows the flour to have a lighter texture-- which you want in a muffin! Then add in the coconut sugar & whisk together until throughly combined then set aside
2. In a medium size bowl add in 3 tbsp of coconut oil & heat in microwave for 30 seconds to melt. While that cools you will start on the fruit.
3. Dice 1 cup strawberries in small bite size pieces. Make sure they are fresh, using frozen will cause too much excess liquid. Then peel two bananas & smash in a separate bowl until fully mushed.
4. Add egg, maple syrup, yogurt & vanilla to the coconut oil & whisk until it is all combined, until there is no separation of the oil with the rest of the ingredients. Then add wet into the dry ingredients, plus the bananas. Take a spatula & fold in the wet& bananas with the dry until fully combined. Then lightly fold in the fresh strawberries.
5. In greased muffin tin, divide batter out evenly amongst the 12 cups. Then place in oven for 15-18 minutes at 375 degrees. Check at 15 & every minute after that with a tooth pick. Take out when the tooth pick comes out clean. Then spread some scrumptious butter on them & dive in!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making! ENJOY!!