Strawberries & Cream Waffles
( You can see just how easy & fun this recipe is to make over on @thekodiakden Instagram page, where I do an Instagram Takeover to show you!)
I mean strawberries & cream gone buttermilk WAFFLE form??
Where are my Kodiak Cake fans at?? The fact that they use 100 %whole wheat flour, unlike a lot of mixes that use enriched flours, makes me feel 100% good about fueling our breakfasts with it. I love these because not only are they simple & easy to put together in the morning, but they provide you with that little bit of sweetness, you even don't need syrup! I love adding the fresh bananas & strawberries as well, it gives it that extra something something :)
So if you have not tried Kodiak Cakes, now is the time to do so. A batter that is normally just for waffles & pancakes, can be a flour substitute & used in SO many ways. So get ready to follow me a long as I bring you guys a new Kodiak Cake recipe a month! I will also be showing how to do it on their @kodiakcakeden page on Instagram. So make sure you are following along on this journey! (( Use: Alaina15 at check out to receive 15% off your order!) Link here to order!
Here are some more recipes you will like to make with your Kodiak Cake products!
2. Cheddar Chive Breakfast Sandwich ( A breakfast sandwich
3. Campfire Mix (Ainsley's favorite mix)
1 cup freeze dried strawberries ( pulsed in food processor until powder)
1 cup milk of choice ( non dairy milk works as well)
1 tbsp coconut oil melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini whitle chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut sugar
dash of cinnamon ( optional)
Preheat your waffle iron & grease down per your skillet instruction
1. In a small microwavable bowl add in 1 tbsp of the coconut oil & microwave in 30 second increments to melt it, then set aside.
2. In a large bowl add in the 1 cup of the Buttermilk Flapjack Waffle Power Cake mix. Then put 1 cup of the freeze dried strawberries into food processor or high power blender. Then you will blend until it turns into a pretty pink flour. The transfer into the 1 cup flour & whisk until throughly combined. Then add in the coconut sugar & cinnamon, whisk again then set aside.
3. Then in the dry ingredients, fold in the milk, vanilla extract & coconut oil. Fold until combined. Then sprinkle in the white chocolate chips, fold in & then set aside. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken, before you start adding to skillet
4. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into each waffle section on the skillet. Then 4 minutes in mine, adjust to your waffle iron.
Layer yummy strawberries, bananas, more white chocolate & enjoy!!
(( Use: Alaina15 at check out to receive 15% off your order!) Link here to order!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!