Spinach Feta Meatballs
Making soups & meatballs over the weekend are two of my favorite things to make for meal prep! That may sound funny... soup is an obvious one, but meatballs?? I feel like they are so varistile & SO stinking easy to make. I feel like when people think meatballs they automatically think heavy pasta, red sauce etc. However, they're so much more than that & can be just that as well! Don't get me wrong I love a good meatball on pasta with red sauce, but there's so much more to the meatball world:) Lighten them up like we do below & you have a nice healthy dinner right at your finger tips!
I mean you throw all these yummy ingredients in a bowl, roll it on up & bake them. Then mix & match them with your choice of protein, veggies, starch.. you name it. If I haven't convinced you yet, try any of my now 4 meatball recipes on here and you will be hooked! Ginger Garlic, Cheesy Easy, Buffalo Chicken & now these SPINACH FETA meatballs.
2 lbs ground chicken thigh
1/2 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs or regular
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1/2 cup chopped spinach finely
3/4 cup crumbled feta
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Feta Basil Sauce:
2 tbsp fresh basil
1 cup feta cheese
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup light olive oil (drizzle in more if needing to thin)
salt, paprika & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400
Makes 25 meatballs
1. In a large bowl add in ground chicken thigh, panko bread crumbs, minced garlic, chopped shallots & fresh lemon juice. Fold together until throughly combined.
2.Crack two eggs into a small bowl & whisk together, then set aside. In the large bowl now add in the basil, salt, pepper, paprika, cagey pepper & the pour the eggs on top. Fold together again until throughly combined.
3. Lastly add in the chopped spinach & feta & fold until combined.
4. Line a baking sheet or use a Silpat like the one linked & start to divide the mixture into about 1 1/2 tbsp sized meatballs-- makes 25. Then bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
5. While the meatballs are baking add the basil feta sauce ingredients ( fresh basil, feta, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper & paprika) into a food processor & blend until smooth.
6. When meatballs are done cooking, place on a plate & drizzle the sauce on top, then enjoy with your choice of yummy side! Pictured is a side salad with farro, golden beets, tomatoes, cucumbers & sprinkled EBB on top.
When you make this recipe please make sure you tag me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie I love to share what you create!!