Southwest Vegetable Egg Roll
Guys! This vegetarian, easy & quick dinner prep is seriously going to be a new favorite. I love how easy it is, & honestly, it is so nice that this meal is so cheap! Each week we set a budget for how much we want to spend on groceries. We decide to have 1 meal out & the rest we eat in, so meals that I can find that are meatless, cheap & YUMMY is key.
Now the only frozen corn I have seemed to be able to find at the store is "smoked corn" it provides this dish a more paprika type of taste. So if you want to use regular corn that is perfect, but also know if "smoked corn" is the only one you can find-- it will be perfect!
This meal would also be perfect to meal prep for the week. Cook all of them, then keep to reheat for another meal in the week or take in your lunch the next day.
I seriously cannot wait for you all to make these!
Makes 10 Egg Rolls
1 15oz can of spicy black beans drained
1 1/2 cup frozen corn
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1 large jalapeño deseeded & finely chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 yellow onion diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheddar shredded cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
Tuscan Seasoning or Dried Basil to sprinkle on top before placing in oven
Preheat oven to 400
1. In frying pan add 2 tbsp olive oil & let heat at low medium heat for 2 minutes. Then add in the minced garlic, chopped onion & jalapeño. Let simmer for 2 more minutes, until the onions start to brown. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chili pepper, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix with a spatula until throughly combined. Cook down 1 more minute.
2. Then add in sliced tomatoes & mix into the other ingredients. Cook down for another minute before adding the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add in the drained & rinsed black beans, as well as the frozen corn. Add in the remaining salt, pepper, chili powder & cumin. Mix until throughly combined & then cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add in fresh squeezed lime juice & fresh cilantro, fold into mixture & let it begin to wilt for just a minute. Then take off heat.
5. Lay egg roll wrapper on baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat. Then put 2 1/2 tbsp of filling in the middle of the wrapper, going diagonal as seen in picture. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
6. Then fold in the right corner side over the stuffing
7. Now fold in the top & bottom corner over the right side.
8. Then start to roll the toward the corner left unfolded
9. Keep rolling until enclosed. Then whisk the egg into a small bowl, with a basting brush. Brush the top of each egg roll. Sprinkle Tuscan Seasoning on top, then place in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Take out of oven once tops are nice & golden brown.