This is our favorite way to make potatoes! You may recognize this recipe from my Breakfast EBOOK (which is located on the homepage of HGHF website). It is perfect way to spice up your ordinary potato side dish & would be perfect for the holiday season! I personally love it the most as I have pictured below-- with a fried egg on top. I seriously could eat that breakfast everyday! It is Whole 30 approved & absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS! I make these over the weekend & then re heat in air fryer at 380 degrees for a couple minutes in the morning. That way they are ready to roll fast during the busy week!:)
- 5 small Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil or I prefer the avocado oil spray
- 1 tsp salt
1. In a medium stove top pot place the Yukon gold potatoes. Add water until it is covering the tops of the potatoes a few inches. Boil on high until able to pierce through with a fork, about 15 minutes
2. Once they are steamed, take each individual potato & spread out on the baking sheet (Silpat I love!)
Take the pint glass & press down the bottom of the glass on the center of potato to begin smashing them. As you see in the picture. Some maybe bigger than others & not stay all together so as you smash, hold the outsides together with your fingers.
Then push pieces together before putting them in the oven. Once they crisp & cook they will hold together as a pancake
3. Spray the tops of the smashed potatoes with olive oil or drizzle on top. Then sprinkle generously with salt & then Everything But Bagel seasoning.
4. Then place in oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Until they are golden & crispy as pictured. Then drizzle ketchup on top and voila!
When you make this recipe please make sure you tag me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie I love to share what you create!!