Shrimp Spring Rolls
These shrimp spring rolls, are so refreshing and filling. What is fun about this recipe is you can mix up what you put inside each time you make them and they look a lot fancier and hard to make, when in fact they are oh so simple! These would be perfect for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner in. If shrimp is not for you, switch out for another protein-- the sauces will still go perfect with them!
I created two delicious sauces to go with these. I am a huge sauce person :) My Sriracha mayo was actually for this recipe originally and then a miso ginger tahini sauce-- they are both SO good. They are sauces that can be used for lots of other dishes as well where you see fit. I am going to try the miso sauce on stir fry chicken next! I use the Sriracha mayo for my Japanese sweet potato fries.... check the blog for those!
Take a look these beauties below, as well as take. peak at the recipe :) Remember you can now save them to your Pinterest board-- so click on the picture below and pin it, you know you need this in your future meal plans!
Ingredients& Directions for Sriracha Mayo:
-1/2 cup mayonnaise of your choice
-2-3 tbsp of Sriracha (depends how spicy you want it--- I like to do 3)
-pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
-stir until combined well
Ingredients & Directions for Miso Ginger Tahini Sauce:
-1 tsp lemon juice
-3 tbsp brown rice miso
-1/4 cup tahini
-1 tbsp sesame seed oil
-1 tsp peanut butter
-1 tbsp minced ginger
-1 garlic clove minced
-1/2 cup water
-combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined
Ingredients for Shrimp Spring Rolls:
Makes roughly 5 rolls, 10 pieces. Depending on how big the leaves are. Go for the large ones!
- 5 Large collard green leaves
- 12 cooked & deveined shrimp, cut into halves an/or thirds
-2 carrots sliced thinly
-1 cumber slicked thinly
-1/2 yellow pepper sliced thinly
-3 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro
1. Clean the collard green leaves and lay on a towel you will use to pat dry later. Pour 2 inches of water into a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Put each leaf in the simmering water for 30 seconds to a 1minute on each side. This is to wilt it a bit, this is key to being able to then use it to fold and roll the rolls above! Repeat this process for all the leaves and pat dry on the towel.
2. Next lay out each leaf and place the ingredients in the center of the leaf in sections. I do a couple slices of carrot, then cucumber, then pepper, then shrimp, then avocado, sprinkled with cilantro on top. Then fold the two vertical parallel side inward then fold up the horizontal side closest to you to where it goes over the folded vertical sides until it is all rolled up into a spring roll burrito:) Then cut that in half. Repeat that for each leaf!
3. Dip in your sauce of choice! I trade off between the two... can't choose just one and ENJOY!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!