Shrimp Boil Foil Bake
Updated: Aug 29, 2019
My favorite thing about this recipe.... I can't really pin point, because it is SO easy, HEALTHY & has all the amazing spices that you want in a shrimp boil! The Old Bay seasoning is quick as well. Also if you don't have an air fryer you don't have to cook the potatoes in that you can also use the oven or frying pan etc. However, I have found the potatoes cook a lot easier/faster in air fryer! Follow below for a simple, yummy, week night dinner!
Makes 8 foil packets
Old Bay Seasoning-
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp Smoked Sea Salt
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp ground basil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground onion powder
1 tsp ground garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamon
1/4 tsp cinnamon
-Roll of aluminum foil
-6-8 shrimps per packet so about 56/64 shrimp ( I usually get about 2 pounds)
-4 medium sized russet potatoes
-Either 5 cobs broken into 3s or frozen corn
-4 chicken sausages sliced into 1/2 centimeter rings
**For potatoes onion powder, garlic powder, salt, garlic salt, paprika & cayenne pepper to taste
-2 tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
1. Scrub 4 russet potatoes & then cut into bite sized cubes & throw into a medium sized bowl. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil over it & then garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika & cayenne pepper to taste. Then place in air fryer basket at 400 on fry setting for 15 minutes (keep it going if you want crispier & take out to shake every once in a while & check enough seasoning or not)
** if you are not putting it air fryer do the exact same step but then either add in to a baking sheet & bake at 400 until crispy & cooked through OR frying pan
2. While the potatoes are cooking, put all the seasonings above mentioned for old bay seasoning & combine in a small bowl, whisk together with a fork & set aside.
3. Slice the chicken sausages in 1/2 of a centimeter rings & place in a medium sized bowl & set aside.
4. In a large bowl place all the shrimp & sprinkle 1/2 of the Old Bay Seasoning onto the shrimp & toss until evenly coated. Sometimes I need to take my hand & mix the seasoning around. Then set that aside as well & start working on cutting the aluminum. See pictures below!
5. Then start the assembly line! Divide out sausages, corn (froze-- can choose how much to place in it not need to thaw or 2 sections of the cobs for each foil), shrimp & potatoes. Then sprinkle each foil packet with the remaining Old Bay seasoning then fold parallel sides up together to create a pocket see picture below! ( you want that steam opening at the top)
6. Then place each packet on the baking sheet & bake for 14 minutes at 425 degrees, then open up sprinkle with cilantro, squeeze with fresh lemon! YUM
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making! ENJOY!!