Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Yes, it may still be close to 90 degrees in Saint Louis, however I am full speed ahead to Fall anyways. The weather can catch up right?? I have so many great Fall recipes coming your way & this one I could not wait to share. Now I won't be blowing up your feed with all things pumpkin, but I will be blowing up your feed with all things FALL. Dive into this easy to make pumpkin fresh toast & take each bite just soaking in all fall has to offer! Details below :)
This recipe is showing for three pieces of toast, so depending on how many you are making just multiply the ingredients by how many you are making :)
-1/4 cup pumpkin puree
-1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp almond extract
-dash of salt
-1/3 cup of Organic Valley Half & Half
- 3 pieces of multigrain bread
1. In a medium sized bowl add in the eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, almond extract, salt & half and half and whisk together until all are mixed well. Egg should be completely mixed in to the mixture
2. Add in cinnamon & pumpkin spice & whisk again until full incorporated
3. Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat, then once warm, take a piece of the multigrain toast with the fork you whisked the mixture with and drench the bread in the mixture and then once the one side is soaked, flip to the other side and drench that side the transfer to the frying pan. You will know it is time to flip the bread when it is nice and brown on the side. Since it has pumpkin puree, it takes a few minutes longer on each side then normal. Still keep an eye out. You want to only cook each side on time in order to it to have the best texture, so make sure you peak on the side with your spatula to know when to flip!
4. Repeat with all of your pieces of toast & save any left over mixture in the fridge for up to 3 days if there is any :) Then top with toasted pecans or walnuts, bananas, more pumpkin puree & 100% pure maple syrup, then have a kick butt morning!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!