Perfect Air Fried Potstickers
Oh baby oh baby, time to take out that air fryer & put it to use with these delicious air fried pot stickers!! I love pot stickers, however so many of the recipes & ones you get at the store are deep fried in oil & make you feel yucky after eating them... not to mention greasy! So here is my go to recipe to get rid of the yuck & greasy feeling, & make room for so much more of the YUM. These make about 50-51 little mini ones, using the small wonton wrappers. So eat some now, freeze some for later, make for a social distancing happy hour & eat majority yourself.. hahah either way you are doing this, do it now, because you won't want to miss this :)
What to do with the other half of your cabbage from the recipe?
Here are some other delicious HGHF recipes that can utilize those veggies so they don't go to waste, especially right now when going to the grocery store isn't as easy!
I also love the recipes above, because they can spark some great ideas for what to make for the rest of the week, utilizing similar ingredients. Also make the cabbage roll soup & freeze for later!
1 1/2 pounds of chicken bratwurst out of the casing or pork
1/2 green cabbage
2 baby bok choys
1 garlic clove minced
1 large carrot
2 tsp arrow root
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
1/2 garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
dash of cayenne pepper
2 eggs beaten
1 package wonton wrappers
Olive oil spray
1. In a large skillet add in 1 tbsp of olive oil & heat at medium low heat. Add in half of the cabbage in large shreds, the leaves with the stems of the bok choy ( cut the end of the bushel off & then still leave the thick white stems as seen in picture) sprinkle on top the garlic powder, paprika & 1/2 tsp of the salt. Mix around with spatula until evenly disbursed. Then on low heat continue to cook down the cabbage & bok choy with the lid on for about 5-8 more minutes. Until wilted, add in water if need be. Then take off the stove.
2. Add the cabbage & bok choy mixture to your food processor & pulse until finely shredded. Then pour into a towel, squeeze out excess liquid into the sink & then put in a medium size bowl & set aside.
3. Wipe out the large skillet & then add in the other 1 tbsp of olive oil, with 1 clove garlic minced at medium heat. Add in the chicken bratwurst out of casing or pork & break apart, cook until almost no pink. Then add in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, 1/4 tsp salt, Mix until throughly combined. Then whisk the two eggs in a small bowl, pour out about 1/3 of the egg mixture on top of the meat mixture in pan & incarnate. Then grate in the large carrot on top as well & mix well. Then lastly add in the arrow root & mix until throughly combined as well.
4. Then lastly add in the shredded cabbage bok choy mixture & fold into the meat mixture so it is easily disbursed. Then continue to cook to meld together for another 3-5 minutes on medium low heat.
5. Then get a baking sheet out with a damp kitchen towel, set aside. Then you will start stuffing your pot sticker. You will take each square wonton & dip it lightly in the left over egg mixture & with your hands coat the outside of the wonton wrapper, then put 1 tbsp of mixture in the middle & fold in half. Then crimp up each sides & the middle like a little purse. The wetness of the egg wash will help stick them together. I do not do a fancy pinch by any means, just one that will hold it together & seam it at the top. Then you will place the potstickers on the baking sheet & cover with the wet cloth, to keep them damp while you finish the rest.
6. Then before you add in the pot stickers, spray the basket with olive oil DO NOT POUR olive oil, just spray on to the basket. Then layer in your pot stickers & then spray the tops of them as well
7. Cook for 8 minutes at 400, then flip CAREFULLY for 1-2 minutes. We prefer 1 more minute, like our pot stickers to still have a little chew in the center but crisp on the outside. Your preference though :) Then as you do a new round of pot stickers, take down the cooking time by a minute each time, since the air fryer will be heated up more after each time you use it.
Then dig in!! Dip them in soy sauce, sweet & sour sauce or as picture we dip ours in the fermented honey sauce that I had posted recently about in my Insta Pot Jalapeño Honey Chicken Lettuce Wraps using the Anya's Apothekere sauces. They are PERFECT for this & really anything you want to dip them in. Check it out on that post.
Enjoy guys! Love these little stickers :)