One Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Updated: Mar 13
I am all about making things easy peasy during the week nights or weekend for that matter! Honestly, the least amount of dishes the better in my book :) This recipe is so easy as well & bursting with so much flavor. If you are a chicken pot pie lover, you are in for sure a treat! Enjoy!
2 cups chopped Rotisserie chicken
12 oz cream of mushroom soup ( used Pacific Foods)
12 oz cream of chicken soup ( used Pacific Foods)
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 yellow onion diced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
5 celery stalks
3 large carrots
1/2 cup peas
16 oz flaky biscuits ( need 8 biscuits)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. In a 5 qt sauté pan (with a lip, linked one here) add in the minced garlic, 1/2 onion diced & olive oil into the pan & turn on medium heat. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onion starts to brown a bit.
2. Then dice the carrots, celery & add it into the frying pan. Mix to combine with the onion & garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, turn down if it starting to brown too much. Then sprinkle the dried oregano, dried basil, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper onto the veggie mixture. Then cook for another 5 minutes, caramelizing the veggies.
3. Now add in the white wine & cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
4. Next, take the pan & move it off the heat while you add in chopped rotisserie chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup & peas. Mix until throughly combined & then move back on heat, turning it down to medium low. Then add in the chicken broth. Stir well once more. Then turn on low & let meld for 10 minutes. Add in anymore seasoning to taste.
5. Lastly, flatten the biscuits & layer them on top of the mixture as seen above. Then place in oven & bake at 375 for 25 minutes. The biscuits normally bake for 18-20 minutes, depending on the container. But since the bottom of the biscuits are touching the liquid, they are going to be not as firm on the bottom, so we want to keep them in longer to firm all the way through, except that part. Keep eye on tops of biscuits, cover with foil if need be!
Then scoop into a bowl & dive in!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!