No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Craving that cheesecake but not all the calories & added sugars that go along with it? Well, I have you covered! You all asked for a Honest Grub, Honest Foodie Cheesecake rendition & healthier desserts, so I have you covered on both aspects. I am not kidding my family inhaled this within 10 minutes. They were so mad I just made one large one after testing & not multiply hahaha I am trying to reserve our groceries as long as possible during all this. I do know one things for sure, I am stocking up on these ingredients because this is going to be a must make over & over… already requested by the family.
What simple things do you need?
Oh yes… only 9 ingredients!
Did I mention it was simple & easy too?
Arrow Root (the use of arrow root creates the thickness in the strawberry jam. It is easier to digest than corn starch & in GF)
Cashews ( can trade out walnuts if needing to be lower carb/keto etc)
Here are some of my other favorite HGHF No Bake recipes
Alright, so lets get started on this easy, delicious & lightened family favorite : Strawberry Cheesecake!
1 cup fresh chopped strawberries (about 8-10 small, 4-5 large)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp arrow root + 2 tsp warm water
4 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
6 Medjool large dates-- (take pit out --you want dates that are not dried out, a lot of times in the packages they can be so I recommend getting from the bulk section or the Natural Delights brands are always ones I can count on!)
Pinch of salt
Serving size 2
1. Dice up the fresh strawberries into small bite sized pieces about 1/4 of an inch. Place into sauce pan with 1/4 cup water & tsp of coconut sugar. Turn on high, once it reaching a boil turn down to medium high heat & continue mashing with wood spatula/spoon. Until majority of the water has been absorbed & it is starting to thicken jelly like. About 2-3 minutes.
2. Then take off the heat. In a small bowl add in 1 tsp of the arrow root & 2 tsp of the warm water. Stir until arrow root is dissolved creating a slurry. Pour into the strawberry filling & then put back on stove top at low medium heat & figure 8 the slurry in for about 60 seconds until it starts to thicken more. DO NOT boil or the arrow root will not work. Then pour into a bowl & set a side to cool.
3. In a medium bowl add in the cream cheese, greek yogurt & maple syrup. With a hand mixer, mix on high for 2 minutes until it is fully incorporated. Then set in the fridge until you are ready to layer!
4. In food processor add in dates, cashews & pinch of salt. Pulse continuously off & on for 4 minutes. Until the mixture is pulsed finely & when you can press together with your finger it sticks together.
5. Either in 2 quarter pint mason jars or 1/2 pint mason jar. Then start layering! Push down the crust layer first, then cream cheese, strawberry jam, crust layer, cream cheese & strawberry jam & continue until divided out as seen above! Then dig in!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!