No Bake 9 ingredient Date Bar
Updated: Feb 17, 2019
I feel like snacks are hard some times to come up with! I don't know if it is just me, but a lot of times I feel like I do not have as many healthy snacks at my finger tips when I need them. Then I ended up grabbing something that is processed,because it is easier. Also I feel like a lot of the "snack" items have a lot of added ingredients & sugar in them-- ends up being more like organic junk food.
So this year I am determined to get some great snack recipes in rotation around the house hold!
Which brings me to these amazing snack bars! Ainsley is still not loving the texture of meat, so I love that these have seeds that are blended up in them for extra protein & fine enough to where she can get them and not worry about her choking on seeds!
These also have 8 ingredients and are no bake, so super easy and simple to whip up. Ainsley is always at my feet asking for "moooooorreeee" when she sees I am making these :)
Makes 8 bars
-18 pitted dates
-2 tsp coconut flour
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1/8 tsp salt
-1 tsp coconut sugar
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup halved pecans
-1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
(shredded coconut at the end to roll them in if you would like!)
1. Cut the pitted dates in half in order to make it easier to blend in the food processor and set aside
2. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together
3. Place half the dates in the food processor first and then half of the dry ingredients and then the other half of the dates and other half of the dry ingredients
4. Start the food processor and blend the ingredients for about 1 minute, then add in the almond butter and maple syrup and turn the food processor on again until the "dough" starts to ball up
5. Place the "dough" on a plate and start molding into the small bars-- I use about 2 1/2 tbsp of "dough" to create the 2 inch bars as seen above. I roll 1/2 of mine in shredded coconut, but that is totally up to you!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!