Jalapeno Ranch Poppers
Updated: Feb 5, 2019
It is in the name... you will want to pop ALL of these in your mouth. Now, I had created this recipe as a dip and then I had the idea of taking that scrumptious dip and stuffing it into favorite biscuits by Immaculate Baking Co. I grew up on using Pillsbury crescent rolls or biscuits, but I was never quite sure of the ingredients, especially when the first one listed is bleached flour. During the bleaching of flour process a chemical called alloxan is produced which is used to produce diabetes in lab rats/mice in order to study diabetes treatments. Not to mention bleached flour strips the nutrients out of the flour.... SO whenever I see bleached flour in ingredients, that is my first cue to put it down and look for something else. Also when it is the first item listed on the ingredient list that means the recipe uses the most of that ingredient. The ingredient list is in order based on what ingredient they use most to least.
Not to mention there is a huge difference in taste, I always felt like Pillsbury has a sweetish taste and a strange after taste, but not these puppies! You will not be sorry trying this brand!
SO I will not make you wait any longer... check the recipe below and ENJOY. I hope you make these for your Super Bowl party this weekend and let me know when you do :)
1. (2) Containers of Immaculate Flaky Biscuit containers
2. (2) 8 oz containers of 365 Organic Cream cheese
3. 1 cup of shredded 365 Organic Mild Cheddar
4. 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
5. 1 1/2 tsp dried chives
6. 1/2 tsp garlic powder
7. 1 1/2 tsp dried dill
8. 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
9. 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
10. 1 1/2 tsp Everything Bagel seasoning
11. (2) medium sized jalapenos
12. Cayenne Pepper, salt, pepper & paprika to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Yields about 32 poppers
** Let cream cheese come to room temp in order for it to be easier to blend together with large mixing spoon, it is okay to do if it isn't, it will be a nice arm workout :)
1. Deseed and dice up both jalapenos and set aside
2. Put cream cheese, cheddar, jalapenos and ALL the seasoning above and mix together. Mix thoroughly and add cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and paprika to the mixture to taste and then set aside. I like to add the cayenne and paprika for a little more spice than the combination of ranch dip spices
3. Now open up both biscuit containers. Each container has 8 biscuits, flatten each with the palm of your hand and then cut in half. Repeat until all biscuits are cut in half and you will have 32 halves. Then take a spoonful of the mixture and place in the center like seen below
4. Then pinch the dough around the filling into the shape of the poppers as seen below
5. Repeat until all halves are filled with delicious stuffing and dough pinched into poppers and place on a cooking sheet. My favorite being my Silpat, or you can use a greased baking tray or one lined with parchment. Cook for 16-19 minutes and serve right away! They also re heat really well in the microwave for 15-30 seconds the next day too.
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!