Insta Pot Teriyaki Chicken
This recipe is UN BELIEVABLY easy!!! It has work night dinner written all over it. My favorite thing is I can leave the chicken & go be with A after not seeing her all day because of work. We got to build her farm over & over, color, do stickers & dance it out! Not to mention she gobbled this up. Keeper here! [ not just A but the recipe :) ]
4 chicken breasts thawed or frozen ( I'll tell you time changes for insta pot)
1 12 fl oz bottle of favorite Teriyaki Sauce ( I use Ocean's Halo)
1 16 oz frozen bag of organic stir fry veggie blend
1 12 oz frozen bag of shelled edamame
1/2 yellow onion cut in half & then into 4 large pieces
2 tbsp of butter melted
1 clove garlic minced
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 package of UDON noodles (found in international section of grocery story) These are different from the ramen noodles, they are a thicker soup/stir fry noodle
1/2 cup Tamri Gluten Free soy sauce
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp ginger
1. In a large bowl add in whole jar of teriyaki sauce, clove garlic minced, sesame seed oil, butter melted & whisk together until full incorporated. Then in the insta pot add in your 4 chicken breasts. They won't overlap, just place to cover the bottom. Then place the pieces of half of the onion on top. Then pour the teriyaki mixture on top as well. Then make sure the valve is locked & put lock the lid.
Pressure Cook for Frozen: Pressure cook on high for 18 minutes & Naturally release for 10
Pressure Cook for Thawed: Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes & Naturally release for 10
2. While the chicken is cooking, pour the 3/4 of the edamame bag & stir fry frozen veggies into a strainer & let warm water run over the veggies, mixing with your hand to make sure it is getting all of them. Then set aside.
3. When the chicken has about 5 minutes left on natural release start on the UDON noodles based on instructions on the package. The ones that I get take only 4 minutes on roaring boil. Then transfer veggies to a large bowl & then drain the udon noodles in the strainer.
4. Once the chicken is done, open lid once the valve has dropped. Then take chicken one at a time, out of the insta pot & shred with two forks. Once all is shredded on the cutting board add it all back into the insta pot. Then pour the veggies on top, ginger salt & soy sauce. Then turn on sautés mode for 10 minutes, continue to stir off and on.
5. Then place udon noodles at the bottom of a bowl, spoon the yummy teriyaki chicken mixture on top & ladle as much juice as you want over it. If you want more, I will drizzle more soy sauce too over it :)
When you make this recipe please make sure you tag me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie I love to share what you create!!