Insta Pot Jalapeno Honey Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Updated: Apr 15
Things that I love when cooking..... EASY meals, INSTA POT meals, GOOD FOR YOU meals, LESS THAN 10 ingredients meals & of course DELICIOUS meals. So this checks all those boxes my friends. This recipe also uses an AMAZING secret weapon you are going to love me for :) Anya's Apothekere Fermented Honey Sauces. They use best quality raw organic honey and other certified organic ingredients. The sauces are fermented and have SO many uses in the kitchen, for example: marinade, glaze, soup base or dressing & in this case a marinade turn sauce for our chicken! Also it is perfect on a cheese board-- I used it with goat cheese & bagel chips the other night... scrumptious!
What does it mean to be fermented though?? Fermented foods help your gut! How? They help your body digest, absorb, and get better use of the foods and nutrients you’re eating through the development of live cultures, or good bacteria, this is great for your digestive system.
So do not waste anymore time, go below & start making! Dinner awaits! :)
3 large chicken breasts
5 tbsp Anya’s Apothekere Jalapeño Fermented Honey Sauce
4 tbsp Anya’s Apothekere Garlic Fermented Honey Sauce
3 large carrots
½ cup chopped fresh green onions (about 3 green onions)
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp arrow root powder (+1 ½ tbsp warm water to create slurry)
1. In Insta Pot add in the 3 large chicken breasts to the bottom of the Insta Pot insert so they lay flat on the bottom & do not overlap.
2. In a medium bowl add in 3 tbsp of Anya’s Apothekere Jalapeño Fermented Honey Sauce & 3 tbsp of Anya’s Apothekere Garlic Fermented Honey Sauce, then whisk together with a fork. Make sure you get yummy the fermented jalapeno pieces & garlic pieces, then set aside
3. Now sprinkle salt & pepper over the top of the chicken breasts, flip the breasts & do the same to the other side. Then pour the mixture of honey sauces on top. Then add 1 more tbsp of the garlic honey sauce & 1 more tbsp of jalapeno sauce on top.
4. Make sure steam release handle is locked. Then pressure cook on High for 15. Then when the screen reads LO 00, let it naturally release for 15 minutes, until the screen reads LO 15. Once the float valve drops, take the chicken out & place on cutting board. Let the chicken rest for 2 minutes, while you peel & dice the carrots into small bite sized pieces & the green onions as well. Then set aside carrots & green onions in a bowl.
5. Take two forks & shred the chicken breasts. Then in a small bowl add in arrow root & the water to create the slurry, whisk until incorporated. Then pour into the left-over sauce that is in the Insta Pot. With a fork figure 8 the arrowroot into the sauce for about a minute. Then add in the shredded chicken with the remaining 1 tbsp jalapeño honey sauce, chopped carrots & green onions, then turn the Insta Pot function to sauté. Continue to mix the chicken into the sauce until the chicken absorbs majority of the sauce.
6. Then lay out lettuce leaves & top with the shredded chicken, sprinkle with more green onions, crushed cashews or whatever your heart desires! Also great on top of rice as well. Enjoy!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!