Insta Pot Chicken Taco Bowl
I am truly all about that easy meal life & with this insta pot chicken taco bowl, it is no exception! You are going to love this easy dinner & meal prep for lunch. I have gotten asked a lot what I love about my Insta Pot. That is why I created my Insta Pot Meal Prepping guide :) Linking it right here. I give you the ins & outs of the staples I make all the time, plus my favorite HGHF Insta Pot recipes. This one will be added to it now!
-4 large chicken breasts
-1 1/2 cup chicken broth
-1 packet of Mild Taco seasoning
-3 large cloves garlic
-1/4 cup chopped shallots
-1 jalapeño deseeded & chopped finely
-1 cup frozen corn
-1 can spicy black beans
-2 red vine tomatoes diced
-16oz Salsa Roasted Verde
-1 cup rice ( white or brown)
-1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large skillet add in 1 tbsp olive oil heat on medium heat. After 2 minutes, add in shallots, deseeded & diced jalapeño & 2 cloves garlic minced. Let simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Then set off the heat.
2. In 6q insta pot, pour in 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Then place the 4 chicken breasts on top. Then take the taco seasoning & sprinkle half of the packet on top of the chicken breasts. Then flip the chicken breasts over & sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on top of the other half of the breasts.
2. Then add in the jalapeño, shallot & garlic sautéed mixture.
3. Then pour the frozen corn, spicy black beans & chopped tomatoes on top.
4. Pour the green salsa verde over the top & mix with a spoon. Then mince the last clove of garlic on top & stir in as well.
5. Then pour the rice on top & after that, the 1 cup remaining chicken broth
6. Then push valve to sealing & press high pressure to 8 minutes. Then once the screen reads LO 00, let it naturally release for 12 minutes & the screen reads LO 12, then turn valve to quick release.Then fluff the rice with a fork! Now with brown rice it tends to take a little longer// depending on what rice you use. So I will then re set it for high pressure 2 minutes & naturally release for 5 minutes if the rice doesn't seem cooked all the way.
7. Push the yummy mixture aside & take the chicken breasts out to shred them. Then if there is any excess liquid in the mixture. Turn on sauté function in insta pot & mix until it starts to soak up.
8. Then in a bowl, scoop some of the yummy rice mixture into the bowl, place shredded chicken on top & then sprinkle with cheese, chopped cilantro, chopped avocado, sour cream & anything else you'd want to put on the bowl!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!