Farro Power bowl
Updated: Sep 30, 2019
Farro is fabulous. Really if you have never bought it before-- start now. It truly is a staple in your pantry that will help you stay healthy without a whole lot of effort :) Here are the top 5 reasons WHY Farro should be your next go to:
1. It is rich in fiber, which is important to aid digestion
2. 1 cup of cooked Farro = 28 g of protein
3. Full of antioxidants
4. Low fat & low calorie-- yes you can get all the amazing benefits with it still being low fat & low calorie, bonus!
5. Load with nutrients & vitamins. 1 cup of cooked Farro can take care of 15-20 % of your magnesium, zinc & vitamin B3 for the day.
Those 5 reasons wrap up many of the reasons why I LOVE adding Farro to my salad bowls. It helps you stay fuller longer as well--- so this is the perfect add in. Can't wait to share with you below!
1 1/2 pounds of salmon cut into 4 filets
2 8.8 oz bags of Italian Farro -- This is what it looks like & the kind we get
1 container of Organic Girl mixed greens
2 large raw golden beets
1 can of black olives
1 can of artichoke hearts
4 oz container of crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic
Red Wine Vinaigrette
1 1/3 light olive oil
2/3 red wine vinaigrette
2 garlic cloves minced
3 tsp dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste
** combine all ingredients into salad mixer & shake until fully combined & refrigerate
For every one cup Farro you need 1 cup water. Add Farro into the Insta Pot & water based on how many cups. Secure the insta pot lid, seal the valve. Then cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Then once the screen reaches LO 00, let it naturally release for 10 minutes. It will show LO 10. Then quick release. Once the valve drops, take lid off & fluff with a fork & set aside
Slice the golden beet & place in microwavable dish filled with water until it covers the top of the beets. Then microwave on high for 10 minutes. Then pierce with a fork. If they are not soft enough yet, keep microwaving in 2 minute increments until done.
- In small bowl whisk together the juice from the lemon & 2 cloves garlic minced. Then cut the salmon into 4 filets. Place the 4 filets in a deep dish. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder & paprika over each filet. Then sprinkle a pinch of cayenne& salt over each filet. Next take a baster brush & brush each filet with the lemon juice garlic mixture. Then press down the chopped cilantro on top of each filet
-Line the air fryer with parchment paper then lay as many filets as you can fit. Then cook on fish setting (330 degrees) & turn down to 15 minutes. Cook the full 15 minutes & then then take out with tongs & let it rest on a plate. Add any more filets as cook 12-13 minutes since the air fryer is now warmed up.
In a bowl add organic girl mixed greens, Farro, then sliced golden beets, black olives, artichoke hearts, feta cheese & salmon filets. Then drizzle with red wine vinaigrette & ENJOY!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!