If you have followed me along from the get go, you probably are not surprised that my first bagel I have perfected on the blog is an EBB bagel :) I am obsessed with EBB bagels & have been dying to make my own. I think I have been intimidated before to even conquer it & know after I have, I feel so silly thinking otherwise! Seriously, SO easy, healthy, gluten free & SO yummy!! Enjoy guys!!
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
1 cup Greek Yogurt ( must be Greek Yogurt or it will be too sticky)
2 tbsp olive oil or grape seed oil
Makes 6 bagels
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper OR use Silpat. Those are my favorite to bake with. In a medium size bowl add all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, arrowroot & salt. Then in a large bowl add the wet ingredients: egg, Greek Yogurt & oil, whisk together until fully combined
2. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry & fold until throughly combined. Then then sprinkle flour on top & onto hands and pat down, form into a ball. Cover with wrap & let chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Once chilled, take it out & cut into 6 pieces. One down the middle, one perpendicular & then diagonal on both sides-- like a pizza :)
4. How to form them: Take 1 of the pieces you but & form into a ball. Then press your thumbs in the center to create a hole. Then form the outside into the shape of the bagel. Keep the height you'd want your bagel to be, it doesn't expand much in the oven. I like to put a little more flour on my fingers & smooth out the top. Repeat for all 6 of them. Then in a medium bowl pour EBB seasoning out until it covers the whole bottom, then take turns dipping the tops of the uncooked bagels into it. Then back on to the parchment paper with EBB side up.
5. Bake in oven at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Once the tops turn golden brown. Then let sit for about 30 minutes to an hour. Store in an air tight container for 5-7 days. Then when ready to eat, just pop into the toaster or toaster oven OR air fryer :)
When you make this recipe please make sure you tag me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie I love to share what you create!!