EPIC GRILLED CHEESE
This grilled cheese is OUT OF THIS WORLD. No joke. I saw on a cooking show a few weeks ago this cut to a restaurant in another state that does grilled cheese by putting goat cheese in a kitchen aid & gruyere cheese. Then they run the kitchen aid until it creams together, then forms them into balls. After that getting your bread ready & spreading it onto the pieces, then letting it bake/broil in the oven. So NEEDLESS to say I was so intrigued & took to my kitchen to create one more Ainsley's speed & let me tell you... I am really not wanting to ever go back to your typical grilled cheese ;)
Makes 5 grilled cheeses
1 small clove garlic
1 loaf French bread
2 tbsp butter
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Italian cheese
1 slice of Gouda cheese
1 tsp olive oil
** fresh grated parmesan
** add a dash of paprika or cayenne for a little spice if you'd like :)
Preheat oven to 400
1. In your stand alone mixer add in 4 oz cream cheese, both shredded cheese & sliced cheese, olive oil & dash of paprika or cayenne if adding. Then grate the clove of garlic over the cheese.
2. Then turn your mixer on medium, & mix for about 1 minute. It should be mixed thoroughly, but you will still see pieces of the shredded cheese.
3. Next with a spatula, scrape down all the cheese from the sides & into the middle of the bowl. Then take a large spoon & create 5 cheese balls( In the picture there are 6, but I combined two of the smaller ones!). Scoop out the cheesy goodness & form into a ball, do this 5 times & place on a plate.
4. In a oven safe frying pan, add in the 1 tbsp of butter & place in the preheated oven for about 1 minute to get the butter melted. Then start slicing your bread for the grilled cheese. Butter the slices on the outsides with the remaining butter & set aside.
5. Take out pan USING AN OVEN MIT. THE HANDLE WILL BE HOT. I know you may think Alaina, of course I would use an oven mit, but I have without thinking grabbed it before, because I'm so use to not needing one with that handle. Next place the bottom slices of bread butter side down. Then take the cheese balls & spread with a knife over that slice of bread. Then place the top pieces of bread on the top butter side up. Last but not least, grate fresh parmesan over the top & place back into the oven for 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are up broil on high until tops start to get nice & crispy.
7. Take out of oven, let stand for about 2 minutes, so the cheese doesn't completely ooze out & you have yourself the best grilled cheese! Pair with a yummy tomato soup, salad or anything your heart desires. Store the rest of the cheese balls if you don't use them all at once in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
When you make this recipe please make sure you tag me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie I love to share what you create!!