Easy One Skillet Taco Night
Updated: Apr 15
I am not kidding you, we make this at least once a week. A lot of us either enjoy cooking, so this extra time to cook is fun OR the complete opposite.. what to cook!? This recipe is perfect for this time in our lives where we are one or the other OR both. Also this recipe uses a lot of pantry staples, to make this so much easier!
1 package of tortillas of choice
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
1 4oz can of Hatch green chilies medium
1/2 yellow onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 packets of Simply Organic Taco Seasoning Mild Taco
1 can of black olives -- optional
1 large tomato -- optional
1 can of refried bean -- optional
1 head of romaine lettuce -- optional
1 12oz bag of shredded cheese -- optional
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 lime -- optional
salsa & sour cream
Preheat oven to 400
1. In large frying pan add in olive oil, chopped onion & minced garlic to the pan on medium heat
2. Once the onions & garlic have been sautéing for 2-3 minutes, add in the ground chicken
3. Cook down the meat until there is little to no pink left & break apart meat into bite sized pieces. Then add in the can of green chilies ( do not rinse)
4. Follow seasoning directions on the back. However the Mild Taco by Simply Organic is my favorite and for that put one whole packet & half of another one into a bowl, then add in 1 1/2 cup warm water then whisk until dissolved. After pour over the meat mixture & mix throughly.
5. Then on medium heat, continue to mix with the spatula until it becomes thick & the consistency you prefer. Then fold in cilantro
6. Then lay out tortillas on baking sheet or Silpat, spray with olive oil on each side. Then heat at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes on each side. If it starts to bubble, when you take out of oven, pop it before flipping over. Then when each side is cooked, spread refried beans on top, then meat & any other toppings you'd prefer that are good to be heated like black olives & cheese. Then broil on high until cheese & tortilla starts to get crisp. After take out & sprinkle cilantro, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes or anything else your heart desires!
Enjoy guys & stay safe & healthy!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!