Dutch Oven Snickerdoodle Cookie
Oh man. First of all, just when you think you couldn't love dutch ovens more, they come out with MINI ones! I mean.... I feel like if you make anything mini-- it some how becomes cuter hahaha. This .5 quart one from Hearth & Home is fabulous. It is 5 inchs & perfect for personalized goodies, like this recipe :) Except it ended up not being just for one... my family downed it in under 30 minutes & I MAYBE got an 1/8 of it! However, that is a sign of a winner winner recipe, so I'll take it. Also it is oh so simple & gives me the excuse to have to make another one ASAP.
This recipe was created for an Enjoy Life Chocolate Pantry challenge collaboration this week! Challenge: Create a recipe using Enjoy Life products that we already have in our pantry. Must be an allergy-friendly recipe (free from wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, soy, and egg) with ingredients from your home.
This is a perfect challenge to bring awareness for food allergies and food Intolerances or gluten intolerances & celiac disease. Here are a few great webpages to take a look at to learn more!
Food Allergies and Food Intolerances: https://enjoylifefoods.mvk.co/1rdf5
Gluten Intolerances & Celiac Disease: https://enjoylifefoods.mvk.co/1rdf6
If it is missing all of these things it must have no taste really or *cue the eye roll*.....
I feel there are so many misconceptions about this one & let me tell you, I use to be there too! No one in my family has a food intolerance or allergy-- so we never had to omit anything growing up. So when I would see things missing dairy, I was like WHAT? or gluten, DOUBLE WHAT??
However, now with being a mom, teacher, & food blogger-- I see it so much around us. Also those that choose to omit certain things from their diet for personal choice as well. I also notice when I omit certain things from my diet now, how much better personally my body feels & or health wise, when maybe I do lighten up on it, so for me it is all about balance. I promise you, just because it is a recipe without those things above-- does not mean it is lacking taste. This recipe is MAJOR yum & I would choose to make this over recipes that have those ingredients in it. So please don't judge before you try things-- you will be missing out :)
I am here to tell you at Honest Grub, Honest Foodie it is my goal to make sure everyone has a seat at the table
I wanted to create a blog that accepted everyone. Not saying other blogs don't accept everyone, of course not saying that! However, I wanted this blog to not be specifically for a certain diet or restriction. This is a place where you will find balance. A wide variety of recipes that are:
+Gluten Free Recipes
+Dairy Free Recipes
+Allergen Friendly Recipes ( Like this one)
+Whole 30 Recipes
+Recipes with dairy
+Recipes with gluten
+Recipes with nuts etc.
I want to make sure anyone can find an HGHF recipe they will love to make a regular fix in their house.
With always the motto of : Real Food, Real Ingredients... REAL GOOD!
So I sure hope you enjoy this recipe because it is really really YUMMMMM!
Also another YUM recipe that uses those Snickerdoodle Cookies are my Salted Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars-- must check out here!
4 Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle Soft Baked Cookies 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 tbsp flax seed ( + 3 tbsp warm water to create flax egg)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup oil of choice ( melted coconut oil, grape seed oil, light olive oil)
Preheat oven to 375
1. In a small bowl add in 1 tbsp flax seed & 3 tbsp of warm water. Whisk until combine & let sit for at least 5 minutes ( while you get everything else ready!)
2. In high power blender break the 4 snickerdoodle soft baked cookies in half, then blend on medium high until it becomes a fine texture about 10-15 seconds. It will kind of stick together like brown sugar. When you pour into the bowl you will break it apart with your fingers.
3. In large bowl add in 1/4 cup Cassava Flour, 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, the blended Snickerdoodle Soft Baked Cookies, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp baking soda & 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk until through combined. Break apart with your fingers any of the brown sugar or cookie mixture if needed.
4. Then pour in the flax egg, oil, vanilla extract. Fold until throughly combined. Then scoop batter into the greased mini dutch oven skillet. Press down until it is even at the top.
5. Place in oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. I recommend 30 to get the edges that perfect crunchy chewy texture. However, every oven is different so check at 25 minutes. Then let sit for 2 minutes, & take a spoon to dive in!!
** For chocolate addition! Add on a few Enjoy Life Mega Chunk chocolate chips, then place back in oven at 375 degrees for 1 minute. Then take out & smooth with a knife.