Double Decker Copy Cat Reeses CRUNCH Cups
Now I have my original Reeses Peanut butter cups on the blog that are literally identical & refined sugar free-- I adore them (( if you haven't made those-- make those too!). I went to go make them the other day and I wanted to give them a little twist-- keep life on the edge :) I decided no chocolate on the top but I am just going to do some layering & going to add a crunch in the middle! Check this recipe out.. you will be craving for more! True life: I am eating them as I type this.
-1 10oz bag of Enjoy Life Mini Semi Sweet mini chips
-2 tbsp white quinoa
-1 tbsp coconut flour
-1/3 cup almond butter
-1/3 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup maple syrup
-1 tbsp honey
-1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
*** I will talk to you about the different types to make down below
1. Did you ever wonder how to get the CRUNCH in your chocolate like our favorite old crunch bars?? This is how and I promise you cannot tell it has to do with QUINOA how crazy...! In a frying pan turn to medium heat and let heat up for about 3-5 minutes. Then add the 2 tbsp of quinoa in the pan and make sure it is a flat even layer on the pan. Then you will start to hear the quinoa pop within about 30 seconds. Start to shuffle the pan when you hear it is popping, but still on the stove top. Then once the popping has started to die down, remove from stove top to not have it burn. Let it cool while you do the following instructions
2. Line a baking sheet with 16 muffin tin liners so they are ready to go. I use the reusable silicone liners-- it makes for an easy pop out, but paper works fine as well
3. In a medium sized bowl mix together maple syrup and honey together first. Then add in peanut butter and almond butter, salt and mix those ingredients together. Then add in the coconut flour, mix throughly and let stand while you get the chocolate ready
4. Fill a pot with about 2 inches of water, enough to boil and set the stove on high. Get a heat safe bowl-- check to make sure it is first and pour the 10 oz bag of mini chips into the bowl on top of the pot. This will melt the chocolate chips-- take a wooden spoon and move around the chocolate chips and the water starts to boil and heat up the bottom of the heat safe bowl.
5. Once the chocolate is melting you may turn the heat down and continue to stir it until is all the way melted. Then take off the burner let it cool for a couple minutes and then pour the popped quinoa into the chelate and fold it in. Next you will take the chocolate and evenly disburse the chocolate into 16 muffin liners. Let that cool for about 3 minutes before you do anything else to them. Below I am going to show you 3 different kinds to do from here-- ALL YUMMY!:
Chocolate Chip Cookie:
1: You need Emmys Organic Chocolate Chip cookies & white chocolate chips
- Take 1/2 of an Emmy's Organic Chocolate Chip cookie and crumble it on top of the chocolate bottom later, pushing it in A LITTLE not a lot, you don't want it to go to the bottom of the chocolate-- so enough so it is a middle layer. Then place 11/2 tbsp of filling on top of that and then sprinkle white chocolate chips & extra Enjoy Life chocolate chips as seen in the picture
1. You need toasted peanuts
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of filling on top of the chocolate layer and then place 3 peanuts on top of it as pictured above.
Toasted Cinnamon Sugar Coconut Pecan:
1. You will need: toasted pecans, cinnamon, coconut sugar & flakes of coconut
-In a frying pan add chopped pecans on medium heat. Move them around in the pan for about 3-5 minutes to get them toasted, then sprinkle cinnamon & coconut sugar on top and allow it to meld together for a minute then take it off the heat to cool.
- Take flakes of coconut and sprinkle on top of the coconut layer, then take 1 1/2 tbsp of filling on top of that. Then sprinkle the pecan/sugar/cinnamon mixture on top & a little bit more coconut as seen above
** FREEZE ALL OF THE ONES YOU MADE ABOVE & POP OUT OF YOUR FREEZER WHENEVER YOU NEED A LITTLE SWEET TREAT! PLEASSSSEEEE let them thaw before you bite down.. I know it is hard to wait, but they will need to thaw a bit first :) ENJOY!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!