Cranberry Goat Cheese Candy Cane
This will be your next show stopper at any holiday party you are hosting or going to. It is stunning when put together, is so simple & takes all of 11 minutes to bake.... like how can you NOT go for this! It is everything I love about an appetizer, it is savory & sweet with the cranberry jelly. It is the absolute BEST combo. You will be the hit of the party or the hit to your family OR just a hit to yourself-- which any of those options is perfect! :)
Makes 2 candy canes
2 8oz crescent rolls
12 oz fresh Cranberries
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup water
11 oz goat cheese
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup olive oil
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. In a small sauce pot add pour in the cranberries, sugar, water & stir on low for 10 minutes. Continue to stir throughout those ten minutes. Then turn up to medium heat, so they start to burst & mash with your spoon. Add in tbsp or two of water if it starts to get too thick, then add in the honey & combine. Stay on medium heat for another 5-10 minutes, until majority of the cranberries are soften & creates the jelly like texture. Pour into a bowl & let cool. (Add in anymore sugar to taste, it should still be a little bit tangy)
2. In a large mixing bowl add in the goat cheese, olive oil & Italian seasoning. Then take a hand mixer & mix together ingredients on medium speed for about 3 minutes, creaming it. Then set aside, while you get your crescent rolls set up.
3. Next you will place your crescent rolls as seen above on Silpat or baking sheet with parchment paper. . What you want is that the bottom ends line up like seen above, so it gives room to be able to spread the goat cheese & cranberry jelly filling. Between each triangle will be the space that will be exposed, where you will do every other: goat cheese filling only for the white & cranberry jelly for the red. . On each inside of the triangle you can add cranberry filling EVEN if it is not the order of red & white. You just don't want it to leak into the space that is exposed.
4. Take a spatula & run the goat cheese mixture generously all along the inside of the base of all triangles, creating a line down the whole structure. Then you will alternate space that will be expose just with goat cheese spread, then with cranberry jelly, then goat cheese spread etc. REMEMBER, you can hid the cranberry jelly under the flaps, that way almost every bite except for goat cheese exposed gets a cranberry yummy filling combo. Then each time you fold the triangle over, tuck the tip under the base side to ensure closer. Once you get to the tip, fold in ward to create a tip like seen above. Then shift it around into the shape of the candy cane. You can do that more as well when it comes out of the oven. Do it gently.
5. Place in oven at 375 degrees for 11-14 minutes. Keep an eye on it, take out once it turns golden as seen above, then sprinkle with fresh Rosemary, make any last minute adjustments to form & enjoy!!
(( repeat twice for two candy canes!!))
When you make this recipe please make sure you tag me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie I love to share what you create!!