Chicken Caesar Salad Pasta
Updated: Mar 2
Why am I posting this the Sunday night before #HGHFlunch week?? The answer is-- this would be PERFECT as a lunch for you this week. Dinner, lunch, breakfast, snack, dessert.... CLEARLY I am getting a little ahead of myself. What I'm getting at is this is absolutely delicious & is a FAVORITE. The chicken seasoning is perfect & combined with every part to love of a Caesar salad... get excited. Make this now! A wonderful lunch & bonus it is super easy to make & you don't have to reheat this up, you can get right too it on a busy work day!
3 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp ground dill
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 cup lemon juice
-1/3 cup white wine vinegar (can add more if you want more tang!)
-Pepper to taste
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
-2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
-1/3 cup light olive oil
-1 clove garlic minced
-1/4 tsp pepper
**salt & pepper to taste-- I like mine more peppery but that is a personal preference, start with 1/4
((the dressing tastes more tangy than I normally make my caesar dressing when you just taste with a spoon-- why is because pasta soaks up so much dressing & it needs to be able to hold its on! It will be perfect))
1 box penne pasta
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 heads of romaine lettuce
4 oz Parmesan cheese slices
1 bag of Butter Garlic croutons
1. In a medium bowl whisk together white wine vinegar, mayo, Greek Yogurt, Parmesan, olive oil, garlic, pepper & salt. Whisk until throughly combine & refrigerate until pasta is ready!
2. Slice 3 chicken breasts into bite size strips & place in large bowl. Then in a medium size bowl whisk together ground dil, paprika, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, oregano & lemon juice. Pour over the chicken until evenly coated
3. Cook 1 box of penne pasta per box directions. When you drain it, rinse cold water over it to prevent the noodles from sticking when cooling.
4. In a large frying pan spray with olive oil & add seasoning chicken to frying pan with the juices. Cook about 5 minutes on each side at medium heat, until no pink. Then set aside.
5. Slice romaine lettuce, dice up avocado & cherry tomatoes. Then in a large bowl add noodles, tomatoes, slices of Parmesan, chicken & toss in 1/2 the dressing. I KEEP THE LETTUCE & AVOCADO OUT. I do not add the lettuce & avocado while I am tossing the pasta because lettuce gets soggy when tossed in dressing & avocados also do not hold well over night. So in order to have this perfect for leftover dinner & lunches leave the lettuce to add last each time.
6. In a bowl I add lettuce then put the pasta mixture on top & the top with avocado & croutons! Then more dressing if you would like! Then ENJOY!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!