Updated: Sep 30, 2019
This is SO yummy & I really do think that my homemade basil is 1000X better than any store bought. I'm obsessed with it. I use it for a quick pasta in the week, to use for a wrap for lunch instead of mayo or cheese.... list goes on & on of YUMMINESS. Needless to say all parts of this recipe, down to the chicken marinade, will keep you coming back for more!
14 chicken thigh
2 4 oz whole Mozzarella balls
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
3 Roma tomatoes (preferablly medium-small, to fit perfectly over thigh size)
2 cups fresh chopped basil
2 cloves garlic
4 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp raw cashews
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 ground pepper
Preheat oven for 375
1. In a medium sized bowl add all 14 chicken thighs & pour juice of 2 lemons over it. Then add in the onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, salt, paprika, turmeric, pepper. Then toss chicken until full incorporated. Then set aside to marinate while you make the basil pesto. OR place the seasoning chicken thighs in a bag & refrigerate over night. Then pull them out next day to start making!
2. In a food processor add chopped basil, garlic, lemon juice, cashews, salt, pepper & olive oil. Blend & process until fully combined & no pieces of cashews present, but smooth. Store in mason jar in fridge for up to 1 week. You will use majority of this though for the chicken. Then can save for other lunch/dinner recipes through the week.
3. In a medium sized pan add 2 tbsp olive oil & 2 garlic cloves minced on medium high heat. Let heat up while you grease a 9 X 11 pan & set aside on the counter by the stove. Then place 4-5 chicken thighs in the pan at a time. You are going to sear each side for 4 minutes. Then place in the greased pan. Repeat until all chicken thighs are done.
4. While you are searing the chicken thighs, slice up tomatoes into 14 pieces & mozzarella into 14 slices as well.
5. Once all the chicken thighs are seared & put into the pan, spread your homemade basil pesto onto each chicken thigh generously. Then add a slice of tomato & then slice of motzarealla. Cook in oven for 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees until no pink. Then sprinkle more fresh basil on top!
Then ENJOY! With side of rice, on pasta, steamed veggies-- whatever your heart desires :)
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!