Buffalo Chicken Bowl
This is THE BEST buffalo chicken & I cannot get over how juicy & tender it stays! It is the perfect mix of spicy & tangy. You will be making this over and over again. You can make these bowls ahead of time & prep them for lunches throughout the week-- so even if you live alone or with one other person-- I recommend still making it with the portions below ,because 1. IT IS SO YUMMY!! 2. It is so easy to make & make your week days easier with this ready to go!
Makes 6 servings-- perfect for meal prep
+ 4 Chicken Breasts
+1/2 Cup New Primal Mild Buffalo sauce + 2 tbsp
+ 1/4 cup honey
+ 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter + 2 tbsp for rice
+ 1 clove garlic minced
+ 3 cups long grain white rice
+ Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
+ 3 corn on the cobs cooked & cut corn off (( can use frozen, but fresh tastes so much better when you can!))
+ 1 25oz can of Westbrae Natural black beans low sodium
+ Cherry tomatoes, avocado & romaine lettuce
I do the rice first & then clean out the pot before cooking the chicken
1. Pour 3 cups of the uncooked white rice into the Insta pot
2. Chop up the 2 tbsp of butter into pieces and place over the rice
3. Pour in 3 cups of water-- stir & then pressure cook for 4 minutes & natural release for 10 minutes
1. In medium bowl whisk together hot sauce, honey, melted butter & garlic
2. Place chicken breasts into the Insta Pot & pour the sauce from above over the chicken breasts
3. Pressure cook at 10 minutes & then quick release
4. With two forks, shred the chicken & stir the chicken in the remaining sauce. Then turn on sauté and add two more tbsp of hot sauce & continue stirring until the chicken absorbs almost all of it.
After rice & chicken you start building your bowl!! I make extra of the hot sauce mixture above so that I can pour it over the bowl as well. Put rice down first then build on it with black beans, cheese, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, corn & anything else you would like to! ENJOY!!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!