BuckWHAT Peanut butter Chocolate Cupcakes
Updated: Oct 28, 2019
These. Are. My. Favorite. Dessert.... seriously. To this date. I am obsessed with these. There are only 2 left & we made these this weekend. NO SHAME :) For this recipe I collaborated with BuckWHAT, a company that was started by a mom of 2, who realized majority of the snacks we reach for, for our kids are FULL of additive sugars. All of her BuckWHAT noshes are made with 5-7 ingredients & are perfect for snack, pre/post workout & of course lunches. We found them so easy to grab & go this weekend, when heading to the Zoo & for after swim lesson snack!
However, my FAVORITE way to use them, is to make these bad boys below. SERIOUSLY, enjoy every bite of these! This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & refined sugar free, from the cake to the icing... you won't believe that!
Below I am putting the link to ordering these yummy noshes, enjoy!!
1 ½ cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cocoa powder
½ cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
5 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup unsweetened unsalted creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz dairy free cream cheese
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp unsweetened unsalted creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut butter melted or regular butter not melted
1.In a medium sized bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cocoa powder, coconut sugar & set aside.
2.With a high power food processor break apart 3 BuckWHAT Peanut Butter cookies & process until it becomes a VERY fine mixture, almost like flour & add that into the dry ingredients bowl
3. In a microwave safe medium sized bowl add the coconut oil & heat in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted. Then let it cool for a minute or two. While that is cooling grease a 12 cup muffin tin ( I usually use coconut oil to grease). Then add in eggs, maple syrup, peanut butter & vanilla extract. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
4. Add in wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & fold until thoroughly combined. Then let batter rest for 10 minutes before putting it into the muffin tin. THIS IS IMPORTANT. It gives almond flour & coconut flour time to rest & allows coconut flour to absorb the liquid needed to rise a bit.
5. While it is resting you can start on your icing. In a metal bowl that won’t be hurt by a hand mixer, add in dairy free cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, peanut butter & melted coconut butter. Then hand mix until icing is thoroughly combined—about 2-3 minutes.
6. Then evenly divide batter into the 12 cup muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes. Check at 15 minutes with a tooth pick. Take out when the tooth pick is clean! I enjoy using the silicone muffin tin liners, makes it SO much easier to ice & serve to other people! Linking ones similar to mine below :)
7. Last, let the cupcakes cool completely, then you can add on the icing. Once you have iced all the cupcakes, break apart a few cocoa BuckWHAT noshes & sprinkle on top of each of the cupcakes. THEN DEVOUR! #honestgrubhonestfoodie #buckwhatnoshes
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making! ENJOY!!