BBQ Ranch Chicken Tostadas
I LOVE ranch with a passion. Truly. I would eat a big jar of ranch just plain... yes that may sound sickening to most--- however my die hard ranch fans understand :) So to me this tostada recipe on Honest Grub, Honest Foodie is fail proof. I mean BBQ... RANCH.. CHEESE... CHICKEN... hello I'm sold. I will be showing how quick and easy my homemade ranch dressing is on my INSTA LIVE here in the next few weeks--- so I am not going to add that quite yet .. I want you all to come see how EASY when it is live :) SO I am going to give you every other little bit of the recipe & then use whatever ranch you so choose. You will want to make this again soooo you will have to use the homemade ranch as well SOON! Enjoy this amazing dinner or lunch or breakfast.. I wouldn't judge.
6 tortillas-- we do 3 flour & 3 multigrain tortillas
3 chicken breasts
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag of shredded Monterey Jack Cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp ground pepper
2 tsp smoked sea salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
6 tbsp maple syrup
6 tsp honey
1 cup of New Primal regular BBQ sauce ( YOU WILL ALSO NEED 3 tsp honey if using this BBQ)
1/2 cup of ranch
1 red onion
1/2 cup flour
1/2 Italian panko bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Pre heat oven to 300 degrees
1. Slice the 3 chicken breasts into strips about 1/8 of an inch thick and couple inches long. Honestly the strip size is up to you--- it will just be the strip size you prefer on top of your tostadas! Then in a small bowl add the seasoning above except for under the Fried Onions. Mix it with a fork. Next you will start putting chicken in a large sealed bag-- I use my large Stasher bag for this :) First place 1/3 of the sliced chicken into the bag, sprinkle about 1/3 of the seasoning & then 2 tbsp maple syrup & 2 tsp honey. Then place 1/3 of the chicken into the bag and another 1/3 of the seasoning & 2 tbsp maple syrup & 2 tsp honey. Then the last round--- the last of the chicken, last of the seasoning and 2 tbsp maple syrup & 2 tsp honey
2. MAKE SURE THE BAG IS COMPLETELY SEALED-- then shake & mix with your hands out side of the bag, so the mix & maple syrup//honey is all mixed in. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. Then in a large frying pan, spray oil into the pan-- I use avocado oil by Chosen Foods-- then turn to medium heat. Once heated, add the chicken to the pan. I do not pour the whole bag in, I take the chicken out by hand so not all the liquid gets poured into the pan. Cook about 5-7 minutes on each side, keep checking to not over cook & to make sure there is not pink after you flip it & it cooks for that long on the other side. If you have too much liquid, drain it after the first flip, so that the second side can cook without that extra liquid.
4. Once the chicken is done set aside and place your tortillas on the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil on each side. Then place in the oven at 300 degrees. Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes. You want them to start to get crispy. This assures that they will not be limp and hold the crispiness when you add the rest of the ingredients and put them back in the oven. If the flour starts to bubble up, take out and flip, it will come back down-- unless it burns so keep an eye.
5. Once the tortillas come out, let them cool while you mix the BBQ with the ranch & whisk together. IF YOU USE PRIMAL BBQ I add in 3 tsp honey to the mixture for a bit of a sweetness. If your BBQ is already pretty sweet SKIP THAT STEP. Next spread the mixture as the sauce on all 6 tortillas (( only 4 are pictured here))
6. Next add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese & the chicken that you set aside
6. Then a layer of Monterey Cheddar cheese on that. Sprinkle some more plain BBQ sauce on top and place back in the oven. Turn the heat up to 375 and let it cook until cheese is bubbling & the tortillas are not burning-- About 8-10 minutes
7. Once you take it out you can start layering with your favorite toppings
-drizzle more ranch
-drizzle more BBQ
-drizzle more base sauce
-the romaine lettuce chopped
-FRIED ONIONS (( which directions will be below for))
SKYS the limit
FRIED ONION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Slice red onion into strips & Pul apart and place in bowl
2. In a separate bowl add 1 egg and 2/3 cup butter milk
3. In another bowl add 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cayenne & whisk together
4. Drench the onion pieces in the whisked egg & butter milk mixture, then into the flour/bread crumb mixture and into the air fryer--- repeat for all the onions (( I do many at once)
5. Then place in air fryer on fry mode-- 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Take out & toss every few minutes until crispy the way you want them. THEN VOILA add them onto your tostada!
Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making! ENJOY!!