Banana Crescent Ring
This is one of those amazing "fancy" looking breakfasts that actually take like 2 seconds to pull together. I mean isn't that the best kind of breakfast? One of the things I love about this as well is that any nut butter works or type of chocolate. Be creative! I love to see what you guys make :) I also added my vanilla syrup I make down below that you can drizzle on top. Perfection!
1 8oz crescent roll
2-3 yellow bananas ( not brown, since they are going in oven, you want them yellow)
2 tbsp almond butter
1/4 cup Mega Chocolate Chunks
1 tbsp sugar ( raw sugar or coconut sugar)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp & 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Directions For Syrup: 1. In a sauce pan add the water and sugar. Take a whisk and whisk it until all the sugar is dissolved into the water. Move the sauce pan around-- moving liquid all the way to one side to see if any residue is at the bottom-- if so keep stirring to dissolve, 1-2 minutes.
2. Next stir in the vanilla extract. Now turn on medium to high heat. You want to bring this mixture to a FULL boil. This means the whole entire surface of the liquid is boiling. It takes a little bit--- it will be where like 3/4 of the top is boiling and you may think that is good enough-- but just wait a TINY bit longer until it is all boiling. Let it boil for 1 minute (time it) Then remove from heat and let it cool all the way before putting it into a container. Then keep in refriderator and enjoy for 7-10 days! You could even use it for more than coffee-- like over waffles, pancakes or ice cream of course :) SO SIMPLE and you get to skip all the added sugars, additives and JUNK in other syrups!
Directions for the Banana Ring:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cut bananas into 3rds ( I only end up needing 2, one time the crescent roll was bigger & used 3, so I always cut 3 just in case-- then we eat the extra!)
2. Lay out the crescent dough. Push together any of the seams so that it becomes one large rectangle. Then take the banana sections out of the peel.
3. Spread the nut butter at the bottom of the crescent roll dough. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the nut butter. Then place the banana sections on top of the chocolate. Then start rolling up the crescent roll from the bottom around the banana first & then keep rolling up to the very top. Keep pressing around the roll to ensure there are no cracks in the crescent roll. It is okay if it thins in some places, just pinch. Then since you cut the bananas the roll can bend easily. Then bend it so that each end meets each other as seen below this picture.
4. Then in a small bowl add in coconut sugar/ raw sugar & cinnamon. Whisk together until combined. Then sprinkle on top of the banana ring. Then place in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
5. Our oven cooks it perfectly at 25 minutes. Then when it comes out, sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar & then drizzle with homemade vanilla syrup. Cut in and ENJOY!
Cannot wait to see you guys make these for parties & lunch! Thank you for looking at this scrumptious recipe!! Remember to follow me @honestfoodie_blog and #honestgrubhonestfoodie to let me know what you are making!