7 Ingredient Strawberry Cheesecake Nice Cream
Updated: Apr 15
It is hysterical because I started making this nice cream 5 years ago... one of my first Instagram posts from my personal page was an old tuber-ware container with my Banana Nice cream concoction in it... now fast forward 5 years later & a food blog later, I realized HOW have I not made it recently to put on here?! Nice cream has been an it term when it comes to "healthier" ice cream-- why it is called "nice" hahah. The base it typically frozen banana because that is what gives it that creamy texture. However, there have been a lot of nice cream recipes that don't use banana, however I find if you use just 1 & then more of the other fruit, the fruit you use the most like in this case strawberry, will end up stealing the show! If you guys want me to start putting my variations up here I would love to--- let me know if it is something you guys would like :)
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 ripe banana sliced & frozen ( for at least 12 hours)
4 oz cream cheese ( dairy free or dairy)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup coconut milk
3-4 large dates ( make sure to take pits out & use 3 if you like it less sweet & 4 if you'd prefer more sweet. Also can substitute 2 tbsp of maple syrup or 3 if you would like it more sweet)
Optional: 1-2 graham crackers
1. In a high power food processor add in the frozen strawberries, banana, dates diced & pitted or the maple syrup.
2. Then puree for 30 seconds. Stop & it should be crumbly & scrape the sides down with a spatula. Before you put lid back on break apart the cream cheese on top, then put lid on & turn back on puree. Then slowly pour in the coconut milk & process for 1 minute longer.
3. Stop processor should start seeing it turn fully creamy on the bottom & then scrape down the sides to make sure all the pieces from the top & sides are becoming fully incorporated.
4. Then pour 1/2 of the ice cream into a tight sealed container or a bread pan loaf, then sprinkle crumbled up graham cracker. Then pour the second half over it. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap & freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Lastly scoop out the yummy ice cream, top with more graham cracker crumbles, chocolate chips, syrup or whatever you heart desires! ENJOY!